Monday, January 13, 2014

Least of These

"Boys become kings,
Girls become queens,
Wrapped in Your majesty,
When we love, when we love the least of these. 
Then they will be brave and free,
Shout Your name in victory,
When we love,
When we love the least of these. 
We will love the least of these."

It came to my attention over the weekend that Micah has yet another ear infection. Poor guy keeps asking, "what? What you say mama?" Thankfully, my doctor called in an antibiotic to our pharmacy. Of course - our pharmacy didn't have it in stock, so they transferred it to Kroger. I figured I would just "pick it up real quick after my meeting" in the afternoon.

The plan was good at least. 

After waiting in line for thirty minutes, I FINALLY got his prescription.  By this point I was pretty peeved because I had lost thirty minutes of work time, which meant I'd be working late. 

I left the office just after 5:00, mumbling to myself about the "second home study" (as I've termed it) we have this Thursday. I was really just looking for something to complain about, I guess. I get in the car and KCBI starts playing "Kings and Queens" (lyrics above) by Audio Adrenaline. 

For those who don't know - when Ray and I started this mission we coined that song as the theme, of sorts. I hear it every now and then - but was especially blessed by it today. God knew I needed to hear that song again. He knew I needed a refresher as to the WHY we're going through this. 

If Micah's prescription hadn't taken forever - if I had left the office on time - I would have missed that song. 

I honestly got chills throughout my entire body as that song played. I blared that music as loud as I could - and with it, my singing got louder as well. I needed that, and God knew it. 

Renewed vision. Renewed purpose. Renewed joy. 

God makes all things new. He reminded me of that today. 


"Therefore if any man be in Christ, he is a new creature: old things are passed away; behold, all things are become new." 2 Corinthians 5:17


No comments:

Post a Comment