Friday, September 12, 2014

Just Breathe.

There's a little shop in down town McKinney called The Stalk.  I stopped there briefly on my way to get the kids from daycare because it's been on my "I want-I should" list for a while.  I bought myself some Stargazer Lilies (my favorite) just because.  They're starting to bloom now.  They're fragrance is heavenly.

Got to see my husband for 30 minutes today when he came home for his lunch break.  I still get all giddy when I see him.

Spent some time outside to *finally* refill the bird feeders (it's been about three months).  Also made some more hummingbird nectar and some suette for the Blue Jays.  I love watching those giant blue birds in my backyard.  They're mean little buggers, but so pretty to look at.

I loved getting my feet wet and letting my hair get all frizzy outside.  Its refreshing to feel the cool rain drizzle on my toes.  I relished in being outside, carrying on my grandfather's legacy by caring for nature.  He loved birds (sold exotic water fowl for a living).  I remember him waking up at dawn to go feed the ducks, geese, and peacocks.  Of course there was always something for the little guys too.  Some of the feeders he used are still being used by my parents today.

It's far too infrequent that I sit back and just enjoy the things God has given me.  A cool breeze; a head full of (thin) hair; a balanced budget that just seems to work (against all odds).  A wonderful husband.  A sweet smart boy to call my son.  So many things to be thankful for.  Grateful for.  I just need to slow down and breathe it all in.




grateful:




adjective
1.
warmly or deeply appreciative of kindness or benefits received;thankful.


No comments:

Post a Comment