Sunday, December 28, 2014

The Future.

I see her face. Light skin; blonde hair that brushes her shoulders. Almond-shaped eyes. They're blue. Beautiful blue. She has a smile that brightens a dark room. She's beautiful. 

How old is she? Maybe two; three, or even four. Her size doesn't give any clues. She's small for her age, likely due to malnutrition and a poor diet. 

She has no family to call her own. She has loving arms that take care of her now; but it isn't forever. They can't commit for that long. For forever. 

I see her face on a regular basis. Continual, even. Never in person; not yet. Right now she's just an image in my mind. An image of someone I have yet to meet. Maybe I will some day. 

My friends - if you don't have a relationship with God, you'll have no concept or understanding of this post. The girl I see on a daily basis is an image from God. I've had my heart open to adopting a girl with Down Syndrome for years. Yes, years. Even before our fostering journey began. I will be honest in saying that my heart has no desire to foster any more. God says "she" won't be found that way. Fostering is beyond stressful. My body can't take it. This past year showed me that. People think I'm crazy for considering a child with special needs, saying that it will be 10 times more stressful than what I dealt with this past year. 

But when you're called, you answer. 

Maybe not now. Maybe ten years from now. 

But I still see her face. Her beautiful face with blue eyes the color of the sky. 

My beautiful girl. I'm waiting for you to come home. And someday, she will. 

No comments:

Post a Comment