Thursday, October 24, 2013

Six Months

Tomorrow will mark six months since sweet Jesse went home.  I've been thinking about it all week.  I'll never forget the day I got the news.  I'll never forget that sweet face.  Sweet Jesse was such a blessing and a light to my soul, if only for a moment.

I reflect back on the past six months of this year, and they've been rough.  Shortly after Jesse went home, I had to let my Addi Beau, my sweet Deaf Boxer boy, go as well due to two strokes (and probably a brain tumor as the culprit).  April and May were very, very rough months for me.  The following months after Jesse and Addi's passing, my heart was deeply wounded.  Many non-Christians often think that a loving God would never let "bad things happen to good people." But God was working.  It was during those months that I had to lean on Him to see me through.  God broke my heart by taking away three things - a sweet precious baby, my dog I had rescued and loved for eight years, and the dreams of having another baby of my own.  Yes, I can say that God "took" them - because all things belong to Him in the first place.  God's plan is always perfect.  God never makes mistakes.  If my heart wasn't broken - if I had no where to turn but Him - my heart would have never opened up to children in need.

Six months.  That seems like such a short period of time, but so much has happened.

God is still working.  With every orphan child's face I see, I'm reminded of how much God loves them.  Sweet children - who never asked for their situation;  never asked for their circumstances that have led them to where they are.  Innocent lives that deserve a better tomorrow.  God never closes one door without opening another.  He closed the door on portions of my life these past six months to open my eyes to what blessings lie ahead.

"...nevertheless I am not ashamed: for I know whom I have believed, and am persuaded that he is able to keep that which I have committed unto him against that day." 2 Timothy 1:12

No comments:

Post a Comment