Sunday, March 2, 2014

First Placement

Well. 
Today was quite the day. 
Woke up to a call at 4:00am asking if we'd be willing to take in two children. 
Less than two hours later, they were in our home. 
Very little information known about the children. Nothing but the clothes on their backs with them. 

I was overwhelmed by the generosity of Colleen, Erin, and Ray's mom today. They were a huge encouragement to me. I also appreciate everyone that PRAYED for us today. Many prayers were answered. 

At one point during the day, Ray came up to me and blatantly said, "I change my mind. I can't do this." 
Of course I looked at him like he was crazy. But a few hours later I was thinking the same thing. 

After the children were taken back into CPS custody, I asked Ray:
"Did you really want to quit?" 
"Yes", he replies. 
"But would you have really quit?" 
"No."

I told him I agreed with his feelings. There were several points during today that made me question what the HECK I was doing and what on EARTH was I thinking. 

If you want to add to your family the easy way, just get pregnant. 
Foster care is hard. 
But the children come from harder places than you'd ever possibly fathom. 

I felt like I was in survival mode all day today. It was truly some of the HARDEST 12 hours of my life. 
I won't lie - I was relieved when CPS came to take them home. They told us we'd have children like that. 

God called us here. This is a ministry. We have been called to do this. 
And through Him, we can do anything. 

On to the next call we go...

No comments:

Post a Comment