Thursday, March 27, 2014

First Week

Oh good gracious readers.
It has been a long but fast week.
I have been stretched, pulled, and pushed in ways I have never experienced before.
This has been one of the most stressful weeks I have ever experienced.
It has taught me a LOT - but also worn me out.

If you consider the idea of fostering - you can basically take every thought, every belief, everything you know about child rearing - and throw it out the window.

Because these kids aren't normal.  They look their age - but they act half of it.  The five year old is essentially on the same level as our three-year-old Micah.  In a five year old body.  Makes for good playmates - but difficult for training.  And he needs SO MUCH training.

People tell me I'm "amazing." People say I'm "awesome."  I don't feel awesome.  I feel tired.  I feel unsure.  I feel discouraged often.  The only thing that keeps me afloat is my God - He never wavers, He never fails.  God called us here.  He tells me that I was made for this.  He tells me that His strength is made perfect in weakness - and I am weak people.

Last Friday I got the baby enrolled in daycare.  He started on Monday while I took the oldest to get enrolled in school.  We went to the WIC office on Monday as well to get formula for the littlest.  Monday night the oldest threw up seven times and couldn't even keep water down.  On Tuesday the baby had similar issues.  Finally by yesterday we were able to start a more "normal" schedule.  I shed a tear when the oldest got on the bus for school, and I waved goodbye.  Took the fosters to the doctor on Wednesday (also a new experience - two children on Medicaid in an office and having to fill our "required paperwork" for each doctor's visit).

For a type-A person like myself, change is not easy.  And I have been through a LOT of change this week.  It has been difficult, but a ministry is never easy.

Tomorrow is a new day....

No comments:

Post a Comment