Friday, March 14, 2014

Trusted

I find myself having the same feeling I had with the last placement.  Only this time the feeling is met with much more peace than our first placement (it was chaos, I tell ya!) These sweet children are like a night-and-day difference from our first placement.  I'm grateful for that.  I think God sent these littles our way for the weekend to give us hope and redefined purpose.  I can't help but have a reality check though.

These children don't know me.  Their parents don't know me.  Their parents will never meet me.  Yet - here we are, entrusted completely with their care and well-being.

It's an immense responsibility.  One I don't take lightly.

After putting the kiddos to sleep, foster B started coughing.  Of course - for every medication (prescription or non), "there's a form for that."  I at first waited to see if the coughing would subside, but it continued.  Then the thought came over me - "if it were Micah coughing, I would give him some Hyland's medicine."  It's homeopathic, so it's gentle enough for littles.  After thinking thus, I got out the medication log and gave foster B some.

Foster B melted into my arms as I tried to soothe.  Absolutely melted.

I admit - I am smitten.  Sweet children.  Just rough circumstances.

God has called us here.  We are not alone.  We are filled with renewed purpose.  Praising God for that.

No comments:

Post a Comment