Sunday, October 7, 2012

Beginning Breeden's Blessings

Well, really, our blessings have been going on for many years now.  But I only recently (aka tonight during church service) thought it would be a good idea to actually write down these "blessings" so we don't forget them.  

God does so much for us in the day to day - but some things in particular stand out.  On our way into church this evening I was thinking how my shoes didn't match my outfit (and thus how much I want some more shoes), but how our current financial situation prohibits us from making any "unnecessary" purchases (we are in the process of building our first home, and are required to save up a hefty sum of  money).  But the preacher's message really spoke to me and made me realize that there are so many things that we just need to ASK for, and God is faithful to provide those things if we would just ASK.  Funny.  What a concept.  I guess when Jesus said, "ask, and it shall be given you," he actually MEANT it.  

I guess the easiest way to relay these blessings is just naming them as they come to mind.  Considering that God has done a great many things for us in the past several years (too many to name, obviously).  

Hopefully this will become a place where I can continually go when the things get rough and remind myself that YES, God DOES exist and he never stops caring for us.  As our preacher says, blessings come by obedience - and God is always faithful to keep up his end of the bargain.  

No comments:

Post a Comment